Hedgehog firsts :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammie

Tomorrow is Wall-e's first day of school AND first day of work! He's not as excited as I am. I promised my students that on my last day of student teaching, I would bring my hedgehog in for them to meet him. I got a teacher with a private office who will be absent let me use her office to keep him until our end of the day party.

I realized earlier, though, that right after school I have to go to work. I had to call my manager and ask if I could keep him in the break room during my shift because I teach and work in one town but live 20 minutes away.

He'll have to deal without a wheel for a day, but my students are SO excited to learn about hedgies! They're from a very low income area, so they don't even get to have pets because they can't afford them.

Should I take pictures of him with his backpack? Note to self. Get Wall-e a backpack.

HE DID SOOOO WELL!!! Actually, more realistically, the students did really well.

I left him out in the hallway and gave a room of 50 6th graders a speech about how hedgehogs don't like noise or bright lights, so we have to turn the lights off and be completely silent to see him or he'll just ball up and not let us see his cute little nose. They even practiced ooing and ahing in whisper tones. I walked him around the whole room showing them all and then put him back out in the hall for question time. They LOVED it! 50 new hedgie lovers in central illinois!!! :)

Back when I had my boy and girl I took them in to see the jk, sk, gr 1 2 3 4 all the kids loved it ...also brought my chameleon and chin a few times. It's always good to educate them young ins !

Latest posts

Back