Heat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

Okay so... Since it was just 70 degrees in December(I live in PA....), I have not taken the AC out yet. I think it's safe to do so at this point, as my room is now getting below 60.

Anyway, my question is... Can I have my heat on low? Just to keep it from getting ice cold in there? I drew this to demonstrate where my cage is, vs where the heater it. I have electric heat that lines the bottom of the floor for about 4ft.

The space between the end of the heater and the cage is also about 4ft. Again, this won't be on high, just enough to keep it from turning me into an ice cube.

Do you think that is too close to the cage for me to have it on at all? I can set it so it kicks off at a certain temperature. Please excuse the bad drawing, I used my new drawing tablet and I'm not accustomed to it yet.

Also, I want to note... There is a window directly above the heater. I can also let some heat out that way if possible(though it's obviously a waste but it's an option if need be).

cage.jpg

I would assume that as long as the temp doesnt get to hot or to fast. I would try to make sure that the heat blowing up from the vent is directed away from the chins so there is no draft going on.

Where in PA are you? Since im still working on moving, iv enjoyed the warm winter. But that sure ended in a big hurry. A few days ago, even my bag of dirt to fill in some areas with froze!

Berks County. :/ It went from being 70 to below freezing very quickly.

I cannot control the direction, but it does not overlap with the cage so it shouldn't cause a draft. I think it will be on such a low setting that it shouldn't be too noticeable. This would be the first time I've used it since I had a chin in that room.

I'm not not thrilled about it being 50 degrees in there. I do have a space heater but I can't leave that unattended.

It is sorta close, but I think it should be okay. It won't be blowing directing into the cage from that angle/distance.

Latest posts

Back