Heat! Really worried

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLostLena

Hey guys I know I havent been here in a while but thats due to things going very well with my four chins. But I have a serious problem one of which im really worrying about and hoping someone can help

We are having a big heatwave over here and the temps rising high, im really worried for my chins as they areevery hot, ive been keeping the windows open and have the fan on but the temp is still high, I know that its bad for it to be over 25 degress but thats definitely what over.

Can anyone help with giving me ideas as to what i can do to keep them cool?
I also have the cold marble plate thing that keeps them cool when they lie on it
Also is it better to give them more sand baths to cool down in

Advise seriously appriciated, really worried.

Sand baths won't cool them. You need to get a air conditioner. There is no substitute. Marble slabs don't work well enough. If you can't get ac then consider moving them to a place that does till the heat wave passes. Fans don't cool a chinchilla since they don't sweat.

Use an air conditioner if you have one. If you don't, you are going to need to purchase one

Great news! They really are not fans of heat. Then again, I'm not either. :D

Ah tell me about it either am I, plus its ireland we're not used to all this :hilarious:

For the time being my lil buddies are going to be bunking with me in my room, till this heatwave is over, good thing im a heavy sleeper with how rowdy they get at night ;)

There are also chill blocks that chins can lay on to keep cool. Ice in a bowl helps too. I've used the ice method b4 and it worked well. Just be careful the chin doesn't get wet

Back