Health....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarinuto

chin smitten
Okay, so I was thinking about the vast amounts of time we spend making sure to care for our chinchillas and other pets in the healthiest way. I buy tons of veggies for my bunnies and GP's, healthy treats specifically for my chinnies, the best pellets and hay available for all my animals and lots of other things.

And then, I think about how that translates into my life... my life of fast food, television, internet etc... and yes, I have some healthy habits.. I do work out, I love to bike ride and I try (key word: try) to eat healthy.

Isn't it funny how we spend absorbant amount of times caring about the health of our animals but find it so easy to forfeit our own?

I think I need a pet keeper to force me to only have healthy treats and certain healthy foods. Wouldn't life be easier!!

My husband always jokes "The animals eat better than I do!!" (but really.. it's kinda true!)

If only I was as amused running on a treadmill as they are running on a wheel..I would be set. :( Maybe a human sized ChinSpin would get me into shape..?

That's hilarious!!! I want one. And it's funny that they called in "The Hamster House"... "the most unique experience in all the world" LOL

How sweet would it be to say to people, "I think I'm going to go run in my wheel for a while. Later!"

I agree, Carinuto. I always thought if controlling my food intake was out of my hands and I could only eat what was "fed to me" I'd probably be very healthy and slim.........provided I had a knowledgeable "owner". With my luck, I'd be "owned" by one of those people who feed their pets the food with all the treats in it!! :hilarious:

I was just thinking about starting a thread like this! It's so true, I go out of my way to make sure that my chins and my cats get the best food possible, and yet I allow myself to eat junk all the time! >.<

Good thread. I have thought about this too. I have gotten rescues who come in fat, flabby and will dull coats and eyes. And come to think of it they are angry, sad and a little depressed. Sure enough within a month they lose flab, get toned, strong. Look bright and shiny and their attitude has changed for the better. Sammy for example still might lunge and bite once in a while, but, he does it because he enjoys it not because he is scared or angry.

Latest posts

Back