Heads up about older Ferret Nation hardware...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pookinaround

FUZZ BUTT ENTHUSIAST
Recently I decided to put a couple of 3-tier Ferret Nations in my living room to keep growers in. I really like the older style of 141's and 142's the best because in my opinion they seem more sturdy than the newer style Ferret Nations. Anyway I found some used ones recently and wanted to replace some of the original hardware on them. A year ago I simply called Midwest and bought some for a different cage I had. I just now tried to buy some more and was informed that the original hardware including the connector pieces are DISCONTINUED! ARGHHHHHHH!!!!

So folkes heads up you can't get them anymore so take care of what you have... A trick that I did learn however is to wipe the hardware pieces with baby oil to prevent rust. Sorry to rant over what may seem like a trivial thing (I have OCD when it comes to things like that) but little things like that bug me and just wanted to let others know...

:hair:

what!!!! Why would they do that!!!!! I have one corner of my double FN where the connector piece has been lost inside the pipe and I wanted to get another one to replace it....sad face.

what!!!! Why would they do that!!!!! I have one corner of my double FN where the connector piece has been lost inside the pipe and I wanted to get another one to replace it....sad face.

I did that on one...you actually can get that out but you have to take the thing apart and shake it out of the piece it is lost inside...I wasn't going to go through all of that just to get it out but looks like I am gonna have to now...those little things are like gold now....grrrrrrr

How much would someone pay for one of those? I need some too for a cage I just bought that is missing one and the other is rusted inside. I am going to ask my husband if he can make me a couple.

How much would someone pay for one of those? I need some too for a cage I just bought that is missing one and the other is rusted inside. I am going to ask my husband if he can make me a couple.

A full set of screws, washers and connectors for a 142 cost me only fifteen bucks just a year ago and that was with shipping...

There should be 8 connectors and 20 screws/washers if I am counting right...it was enough for 1 complete 142....

You CAN still get replacement casters...they are $31 a set with shipping but they don't come with the little sleeve inserts. You have to request those seperately... (FYI...tri-levels on carpet tend to break the casters if they are moved around a lot because of the weight...) I am putting these two on a piece of hardwood that I am gonna stain... Will be easier to sweep up too...

Last edited:
Back