Head Shaking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everytime I pick up my one chin hes friendly and relaxes and holds onto a finger and is relaxed (no whiskers going crazy, tail and body posture are relaxed etc.) But 8/10 times i hold him, he shakes his head like hes saying "no"..
anyone else have this behavior??

My little girl does this sometimes too. She is generally pretty good with me holding her, but once in a while, she will just quiver. I suppose that is just the way of the chin - sometimes, she's your best friend, sometimes, you just smell wrong or something and she's terrified of you. I usually put her down asap when she does this so she doesn't have a full-blown panic attack.

Hes 6, but we've had him for 3 weeks..
My other chin, still does it on occasion (shes 10 and i get her at 3 months old)

Hi Valkyrie, I'll just reply here. Your posts will be up immediately after more post counts. So just interact more in the forum :)

As for the info you've given me, he's 6 and you've had him for 3 weeks.

Is him comfortable with you already or still approaches you cautiously? If it's a small thing, it might just be him being cautious with you around still. If it's a big thing, it might be him experiencing some kind of seizure. Best solution is for you to approach a vet in your area. I won't sit on this issue personally and will consult and expert immediately.

Latest posts

Back