Hay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2step

mike
Does anyone recommend a good hay place for me to put Lily's hay at? Should I just buy a big ceramic bowl at the store? Or do they make something for this? Thank you in advanced.

Are you wanting something to put it in the cage or something to store it in?

I use wooden hay holders that various members have made and sell; Cat75 makes really good quality hay holders, though I'm not sure if she's still making them at this point.

I have also used small terra cotta pots, the non-glazed kind. You can get them for cheap from many places, and they do a good job at holding the hay.

Some members also make fleece hay bags. Check the supplies for sale section, or make a wanted ad and see what you get. :))

Yeah just something to put in the cage for her to eat out of. I will try to see she is still making them and then I'll try an ad. Thanks a lot for the help you all of have been helping me out soooo much.

i use two different hay containers in Rhino's cage - one large size metal coop cup that hangs from the cage bars, and a short rectangular thick walled glass kitchen canister laid on its side. this way i can give him two different types of hay and clearly see which he eats more of (we're still in the 'which hay is my chin's favourite' phase, lol).

Back