Hay Quality

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieJJ

chinnies215
I just went to PetSmart and got some more hay for my chinchillas and I was thoroughly disappointed in the selection.. I have used kaytee hay for a while and haven't had a problem, my chinchillas eat it, it looks nice.. But they had some Great Value stuff or something... It was in a bale. So I decided to give it a shot cause it was the only thing there they might eat (They HATE oxbow for some reason.. They like the stalky-ness of the kaytee over the light fluffyness of the oxbow). I opened the bale at home and it was tons of short pieces and a lot of POWDER :(

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in hay selection and quality?

Other than online, where would you recommend finding better hay?

You can always call up your local fee and see what they have. I pick my hay up from a feed. It's a nice timothy hay and my kids love it.

I get my hay from any of the local feed stores, plus it's a lot cheaper for me to buy a bale. I know one of the feed stores sells by bags too. I usually have to go to two different stores to check the quality since I have picky eaters.

Latest posts

Back