Hay Holder Opinions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't go with either, bamboo can splinter if chewed, and the wire one could pose a leg catching problem if the chin wall surfs off it or it's low enough in the cage that it can get on top of it. Some better options are listed here.

i recently had to separate two chins so i could monitor there eating individually because i new one of them wasn't eating as much anymore. The cage has two food dishes and one large hay dish for the two of them. So they each took there own food dish with them.

Since on chin was only eating hay and not pellets, i let him have the hay dish. My other chin was only eating pellets and no hay.

skipping ahead, i took the hay dish out of the cage to see if that would make him eat his pellets at all. So since the dish was out, i put it with the other chin. He immideitaly ran over to the dish and started eating hay 0.o

He stopped eating his hay because it wasnt in his special dish!! I ended up buying a second hay dish so they could both have one, and he has been fine with eatting his hay since. - Picky chin!!

super-pet-veg-t-carrot-bowl.jpg

Latest posts

Back