HAWS Chinchilla Rescue - Waukesha, Wisconsin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not nor will I ever believe that HAWS didn't pad that bill a hold lot. It does not cost $2,000.00 a day to take care of 331 chins, as that would be $730,000.00 a year. They got lots of donations, and lots of people work at shelters part time for free. I think we all know people with that many chins and some with many more chins that manage on far less money.

Finally the chins have been surrendered and are now being adopted! Here's the news story.

I would have liked to see all of them available for adoption, but this is a start.

I attended the information meeting today, it was a toss up. Half the stuff the vet said was good info the other half was crap. Dawn's (ticklechin) cross dressing chins made a few appearances in the powerpoint presentation.

I brought home a dark standard male. We have named him Hermes Conrad and will try to bond him with our Zoidberg after quarantine. He's in a temporary cage in the dining room for now, and will be getting a wood house to replace the igloo soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20150530_152230910_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20150530_152230910_HDR[1].jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20150530_184934354[1].jpg
    IMG_20150530_184934354[1].jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 18
Wow. Its great that some are being adopted! I wish I could take in a few. yah, it is sad that HAWS and other places don't take enough time to really research the animal. Spaying/Neutering a chin is NOT necessary, and should not be taken lightly. I hope all of the animals get adopted (to GOOD homes).
Also, the 2000 a day is BS. There is no way it cost THAT much. They've gotten tons of donations in the forms of food,water,money,and toys and LOTS more.
Any way, I hope all the animals will be alright and loved for the rest of their lives :)

Latest posts

Back