Having a brain fart....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilliPepper

Who is the member that lives in the San Jose, CA area and is involved or was involved with CA Chins and does rescue?
Question #2, what size needle do you use to give sub Q fluids for chins?
Background is that we just put our 15 year old kitty to sleep yesterday, we have a bunch of needles that the vet gave us for doing fluids at home, except we only did it twice. They are #18. I hate to throw them away, they were never opened, but the vet said to just keep them. Why? So I can remember that I couldn't save my boy?
I figured if they are the right size needle and a rescue could use them, I would like to donate them. I am on the central coast area, so that would be easy for me to meet her half way if interested.
Thanks.

Thank you, it has been very hard. I had about a month to prepare but it is still hard. Little things like finding a bag of treats he never lived to eat that I stocked up on because they were his favorites, and his meds for his old arthritic knees are setting me off into uncontrolled sobbing. I loved that boy more than the rest of my pets combined.

Aweh, I'm so sorry about your kitty. May he rest in peace and in your heart. He's still with you in spirit. When I lost my dog, I spoke to her as if she was still with me, you know? Maybe do the same, it may help you. <3 Also I'm sorry I don't have the answers to your questions, I just wanted to say I'm very sorry for your loss, it can only get better.

What a wonderful idea to donate the needles. Sorry I can't answer your question about needle size, but even if you can't find a nearby rescue that could use them, couldn't you ship them? Maybe put a post on here offering them to rescues?

If all else fails, I bet there are cat rescues that would be pleased as punch to have them. :)

Thanks for the replies. I did find out the needles are too big for chinnies, so off to a kitty rescue they went yesterday.

I understand ...

how hard things are for you, losing your kitty. I believe he was a soulmate animal for you.

I have been so, so lucky to have had 4 soulmate animals in my life so far, and many people never even have one. It is a gift and the greatest pain you can imagine, all rolled together.

And there is no statute of limitations on grief. It takes as long as it takes, and sometimes, it takes forever. I sincerely hope you have great friends who understand this and are there for you. Your little man is across the Bridge waiting for you someday, never doubt it!

Kathy

Latest posts

Back