Happy Squeaking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenxx810

I was wondering if anyone else's chins make a soft repetitive squeak during playtime. Its the only time he does it. I've never heard him make any other sound other than his protest to being picked up (harsher bark/squeak). I assume its because he's happy because he's running around and using me as a human jungle gym. thoughts?

Yes! Well, every chin is different, but in my experience squeaking and being vocal are all part of a chin's personality (unless it's a warning or stressed bark). My Muff will definitely squeak all night some nights - sometimes it's because he senses the ladies, but other times for seemingly no reason at all. It's harmless!

Ruffle does this from time to time when I let her out for playtime. It's usually preceded or followed by her happily running around the room, so I've always just assumed it was her way of giggling and carrying on. Sometimes I try and mimic it, and she comes looking for me.

My two kits squeak at bath time, hay time, cuddle time and even while asleep. Tigger chatters to himself. Zulu makes 'gruff gruff' sounds when something pleases him - especially tummy tickles and Ziggy honks when anticipating a tasty treat. Friends who are not animal minded think my house is similar to an asylum. I'm happy as long as the animals are.

That is my favorite sound. My girls will sometimes squeak during playtime or when they are on their wheels. Shelly will do it when she sees me. She knows how to get my full attention.

One of mine squeaks (though it's very quiet) when she's excited - she did it the very first time she had her wheel, and she's also done it with new toys and with very fresh hay.

Back