Happy 6 months Atlas!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leni

Hardcore Fleece Addict
My little boy turned 6 months old today, and we celebrated by giving him his first rosehip, some applewood sticks (which he loves), and a dustbath, which he really loves. I can't believe he's 6 months old already. I remember getting him from Amanda and him biting and pulling at the cage bars for 2 out of the 3 hours I drove from her house to mine with him. I knew he was a feisty one, but I had no idea how much :)

After months of kacking at me whenever I put my hand in the cage, just 2 days ago he finally let me give him scritchies! Granted, he kacks at me a bit when I first start, but then he lifts his little paw up and does that trademark chinnie "smile" aka scritchie face that I love to see.

I love how he stands facing the wall and falls asleep standing up that way. I love how cute he looks laying in his hammock, and the way he closes his eyes when I give a twig or stick to chew on, like maybe I won't see him enjoying it lol. I named him Atlas in memory of his daddy Atmosphere, who sadly passed away before Atlas was born. A fitting name for my little guy, who was a not-so-little 78 grams when he was born. Mommy loves you very much Atlas, happy 6 months, and may we have many more years together :kiss:

Now for pictures!

Attachments

• DSCF0455.jpg
    DSCF0455.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0456.jpg
    DSCF0456.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF0460.jpg
    DSCF0460.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0459.jpg
    DSCF0459.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 24
And a few more when we gave him the rose hip. He ate about half of it then went to something else, then came and finished up the rest as I was uploading these. Now he's doing some wall surfing in his cage, so I think he approved :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCF0461.jpg
    DSCF0461.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0469.jpg
    DSCF0469.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
Back