Hand mounting

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragsil

So this is a bit of a strange one;

My newest chin Sid (we got him before Christmas) is a real sweetheart, he adores scratches on the chest and neck area but gets upset and makes an angry noise if you touch his back. Anyway, about two weeks ago he escaped from his cage and I panicked since the very awful cat we were minding at the time was out prowling so I chased him down a bit to catch him and had to grab him by the base of the tail, he was pretty freaked out by the whole experience and wouldnt have anything to do with me for the next two days but he got over it after a couple of days...... but since then it's like a switch has been flipped and every time I put my hand in the cage he lets me scratch him for a bit and then mounts my hand. It's only my hand, he hides from my boyfriend but is all over me, he peeps when he sees me and as soon as I open the cage he stretched his little hands up to grab my hair and try to climb onto my shoulder. I don't get it, especially since I was the one who scared the heck out of him when he escaped.

I don't get why his behaviour would change literally overnight?

Also, in regards to the hand mounting, his penis doesnt actually come out but he grabs and wont let go of my wrist.... what's the best way to handle this? It doesnt really bother me too much so I've just been letting him do it but would it change his ideas of dominance and things like that?

Welcome to the wonderful world of male chins! Consider yourself officially claimed! Some of the members on here sell cuddle buddies for them to take their "frustration" out on. I see you're in Sweden, so if the shipping fees are too high, you can just sew 2 pieces of fleece together, stuff it with fleece and sew it shut.

He probably changed overnight because he was done with his grudge. You're lucky! I grabbed Buddha by his tail once and got the cold shoulder for a good 2 weeks!

Haha, I think it's cute when he does it although it creeps my boyfriend out a bit. My other two males have not tried anything and I've had them for longer, so it must just be a Sid thing ;) He's two years old so I dont get why he just started doing it now. He has a cuddle buddy from Annieo (cheap and FAST shipping) which he loves sometimes, but lately it's just been my hand/foot/back of the head (I draw the line at that, lol)

I'm glad he got over his grudge so quickly because he's such a happy little guy, the first time he pushed my hand away and turned away I felt so rejected.

:laughitup: That's funny, cuz Pewie has already molested my hand and both feet. I feel so violated :cry3:

Yup, boys will be boys. I have two that are in love with my feet despite having cuddle buddies.:impatient:

Boji started mounting me at around 2 years old also. I hadn't found this forum yet, so I just sewed him a pillow-esque shape that I saw on another site. I only had to leave it in there for a few months. Then the mounting miraculously stopped. Annieo's cuddle buddies are adorable! I'm sure I'll have to buy from her once Buddha starts with the mounting. He was making strange noises last night and being all lovey. I think it's coming. lol

Chico used to LOVE my hand. I still have little scars on my forearms where he got a bit rough with the teeth while he was doing his thing. Gizmo has a thing for feet/shoes. Beck terrorizes his cuddle buddy, thankfully. Dante is too busy for such nonsense, and Zane isn't old enough yet (although I'm sure he'll get there all too quickly).

Welcome to being the parent of a little boy chin!

I have one male that still does this. He's even more thrilled when I come into the chin room to feed everyone, wearing my robe. He loves the fuzzy robe...boys....

haha rutherford's cuddle buddy is an all-purpose friend. when rutherford wants to reach higher places, he steps on his buddy's face. always the face! never the back or the feet... just the face! so rude.

but he used to mount my girlfriend's hand, and then my hand... so i got him a cuddle buddy. he only mounts my arm when i'm wearing a jacket. if it's "skin," he doesn't do it.

Back