hammock?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be safe and not put one in there even when she's had the kits already. If she's hiding on a hammock, the babies wouldn't be able to nurse. Its also quite possible she'll jump down and squish one too.

Well I mean close to the cage floor as in touching it. I usually use the hammock for like a hay rack so it doesn't get everywhere. (Waiting for an actual one to come in the mail) That's all I was gonna use it for so it doesn't just sit on the floor and get scattered.

Not really answering your question, But have you tried just putting the hay in the bottom? My Chinnies prefer it that way. They literally play hide and seek while they eat. When he had to pull pellets for awhile it's the only way they'd eat the hay. Now it's all they eat. Pellets are just a snack lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344636362.944141.jpg

Yes, I have put it on the bottom but she digs and scatters it and if it's on the bottom she pees on it isntead of in her potty box. In my other cages the hay is always in a hammock next to a shelf so they can reach it, it is much cleaner and they actually eating it instead of me having to replace it.

Makes sense. I've seen a lot of people say their Chinnies pee in it when they put it on the bottom. Ours will only pee in one corner of their bedding on the other side of the cage

Back