Hallo everyone! <3 ~

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuudoku.Niji

I'm Angel! Early April is when I'll be getting my first chinnie, Ashe~ (New Chin Mommie!!) He was just born a couple weeks ago and I was referred to this breeder from a close friend of mine! He is an Ebony Chinchilla. I will be posting videos on YouTube of us once I get him <3

Right now I have a Ferret nation 162 Double unit and because of a few broken parts it had, I'm getting another for free(The person from the company was so nice and is letting me keep the old cage!) So with this I'll be taking off the broken parts and adding an extra unit to the top to make the cage bigger! [soo excited!] I also have a lot of cardboard for him to chew on, I peeled off any tape and ink on it. I have a big bag of timothy hay for him and I also have Mazuri Chinchilla Diet for Ashe as well. I have a 1.5 gal Glass fish bowl for his dust baths (The breeder says he hasnt quite caught on, on how to take one yet, but i hope he does soon!) I've ordered from Quality Cage, Pet Street Mall, and Amazon for the supplies so far. I wouldn't recommend the Pet Street Mall though(where I ordered the cage from). Customer Service is horrible(they wouldnt answer calls or emails for the longest time, and just recently answered a call but had me and my mother waiting for a good 15-20 minutes on hold for them to actually talk to us, aaaaand then call someone else, to finally tell us to just call their supervisor/manager. Box was also damaged horribly and they sent me a completely different item than what I ordered in the first place from a different order I made from them.) I have an 1oz little box thing of BagBalm, 4oz of BluKote and 141g of Anise Critical Care (I know fruits and veggies aren't so great for chinchillas so I got this kind instead of the strawberry/banana, but what is Anise?) I'm getting a Leo Braun Style Wheel from the ChinnieShop soon and and i'll be getting Loofahs, Cholla logs, and Goji berries(are they good for chinchillas?). I'll be buying some wooden ledges for Ashe too. I'm also waiting on a package of a couple hammocks and fleece stuff, pumice stones, apple sticks, rosehips and etc. from CamphorChins too.

Well, I can't wait to bring Ashe home!

Geeeezus this is a long introduction..:wacko:

Hi there, sounds like Ashe is going to have lots of goodies waiting for him when he gets home! I wouldnt give him much cardboard though... wood is better for their teeth anyways. I think the Critical Care you mentioned is the original flavour, which is aniseed. The apple/banana one is actually okay for them too!
Not sure about Goji berries though...maybe someone else will know???

Anyways, welcome!!!

Goji Berries

While we don't regularly use them, we received a "batch" of Goji Berries as a door prize at a chinchilla show, where the ranchers regularly do use them, and our chinchilla love them. It also seemed to help some of our first time mothers establish a better supply or milk.
JoAnne

Sounds like you're all set to spoil your chin! Congratulations :) Can't wait to see pics!

Ooh goji berries. Those are those things that my mom keeps insisting I add to my breakfast o_O No idea about giving them to chins.

Hi and welcome! Glad you're getting everything ready to welcome home your baby soon! Bet the day isn't coming soon enough for you!

Hi there, sounds like Ashe is going to have lots of goodies waiting for him when he gets home! I wouldnt give him much cardboard though... wood is better for their teeth anyways. I think the Critical Care you mentioned is the original flavour, which is aniseed. The apple/banana one is actually okay for them too!
Not sure about Goji berries though...maybe someone else will know???

Anyways, welcome!!!

Hehe, thanks. And alright, the breeder said to keep some cardboard out for him to give him some variety. Also, is it alright to keep the apple sticks and pumice, cholla logs and loofahs out all the time for Ashe or should I use them like treats and give them on occasion?

While we don't regularly use them, we received a "batch" of Goji Berries as a door prize at a chinchilla show, where the ranchers regularly do use them, and our chinchilla love them. It also seemed to help some of our first time mothers establish a better supply or milk.
JoAnne

Oh, well Ashe is a boy, so would that effect him at all in any way?

Sounds like you're all set to spoil your chin! Congratulations :) Can't wait to see pics!

Ooh goji berries. Those are those things that my mom keeps insisting I add to my breakfast o_O No idea about giving them to chins.

Hehe! Thanks! I'll be posting a lot of pics when i get him, and many videos on YouTube too!

And oh? I've never really heard of goji berries before treat hunting for the chinnie so I dont know.

Hi and welcome! Glad you're getting everything ready to welcome home your baby soon! Bet the day isn't coming soon enough for you!
Hii and thanks~ I wish the days would go by faster but then again, I'm grateful for the time there is so I can get more supplies for Ashe!

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost, Alli from Camphor Chins is amazing! So good choice! My fleeces came out wonderfully! I highly recommend using her DIY on how to make shelves as well. You won't want any drops more than 6 inches for your little Ashe :)

Also, it sounds like everyone else has commented on the berries and what have you, all I have to say is welcome! Also, the wait is the hardest part! We currently have 14 days and counting until we pick up James and Scotty!! :) You can check out my blog if you'd like some tips on how to kit-proof your cage with wire mesh.

Welcome welcome welcome!! Sounds like you are gonna be an amazing chin parent!

First and foremost, Alli from Camphor Chins is amazing! So good choice! My fleeces came out wonderfully! I highly recommend using her DIY on how to make shelves as well. You won't want any drops more than 6 inches for your little Ashe :)

Also, it sounds like everyone else has commented on the berries and what have you, all I have to say is welcome! Also, the wait is the hardest part! We currently have 14 days and counting until we pick up James and Scotty!! :) You can check out my blog if you'd like some tips on how to kit-proof your cage with wire mesh.

Welcome welcome welcome!! Sounds like you are gonna be an amazing chin parent!

I just found CamphorChins and I was so excited I found this website but I'm so upset she's closing! I understand her reasoning though. I'll check out her DIY out.

Thanks and ooh! I wish you good luck with James and Scotty, cute names! Funny, my brother's name is Scotty! Alright, the wires are very tight together and the space is quite small so I doubt he'd get out, unless he's magically paper thin Dx And thanks, I'll go look at your blog too <3

Back