Hair ring

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furrby

Just after I got my male chinchilla I started to read about hair rings. I wasn't aware of hair rings before I got him, so I felt a little guilty because I though that I knew almost everything I needed to know about them! And well, he isn't showing any sign of it. He doesn't have trouble peeing and he acts like he always does. I have seen him clean himself like 2 times this month, is it a sign of a hair ring or just that I won't have to check him because he can remove them himself?
I have tried to check him once but he didn't like being held, and I almost had to start all over with him from the beginning.
(I have only had him in a month!)

Thankful for every answer! (Hope this is the right category to post the question in!)

Most males take care of themselves, especially pet males that don't have a mate. Pretty much so long as he isn't spending an unreasonable amount of time down there, it's not hanging out, and/or changing color he is probably fine. You only need to check him at most once a month so long as everything seems fine with him.

I check my little guy once every two months or so and I've had him for about 7 years and he's never had any issues regarding hair rings.

Latest posts

Back