gus in a daze

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefscott

I dont know if there is something wrong with my gus but when I let him out to play in our chin safe zone room, every now and then actually alot I catch him standing straight up but just staring off into space like hes in a trance sometimes so bad he almost falls over backwards, but he always catches himself an then its like he snaps out of it and runs away, what is this and does anyone else have a chin that does this? I hope its ok I almost dont want to know but I must

Is he eating, drinking, and pooping normally? I've seen chins stare off sometimes, usually fixated on something or sleeping with eyes open.

If all else is normal, I think he is probably just napping. I have one that does it routinely 2 or 3 times every play time. I call them chin-naps. He stands straight up and just stares. If I'm quiet, I can even sneak up on him

How long are his playtimes? Some chins develop low blood sugar if their play time is too prolonged and can even end up with seizures. How is the temperature in the room where you hold playtime? Is it comfortable for him?

Just a couple of things to consider.

Latest posts

Back