Guess the date and how many

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orlandochins

My chin Heidi is very pregnant...I do not know the date she was bred...Right now her nipples are long but not long enough to see through the fur...she weighed 650 grams the day I rescued her....she is now 931 grams...Today I felt what I believe is kicking (kind of felt like a heart beat but was way to low for it to be her heart) but did not feel any rolling around (I have felt that before)...her belly is very tight...she has recently taken to laying on her side...she is a standard gray sapphire carrier and dad is a hetero beige possible sapphire carrier...so any guess's on when she will deliver, how many, and what color

I take it you rescued her already pregnant - I'll say trips, about 50 grams each, on May 8th, my daughters birthday! Attributing the rest of the weight gain to good feed and care!

I brought her home around Feb 1 and from the info I have they may possibly have had contact around January 17 so 111 days from that would be May 8...lol...good guess...I will let you know when it happens

I brought her home around Feb 1 and from the info I have they may possibly have had contact around January 17 so 111 days from that would be May 8...lol...good guess...I will let you know when it happens
Wow, that's ironic! Mabye it will be May 8th!
I'm guessing 2 babies May 10th (Mother's Day!) :)

well, I weighed her tonight and she has not gained weight...she is still 931 grams....however, her nipples are longer but not filling in with milk yet...and the baby(babies) are very active...she looks a lot bigger...her stomache is dragging on the floor...she is still eating and drinking but not at the rate she was a couple of weeks ago...drinking alot but the past couple of days just picking at her food...she is laying on her side A LOT!!!!! and poor thing just looks like she has had it....also she has become very friendly which is unlike how sshe has been this entire pregnancy....we had nicknamed her the super soaker because she was spraying sooooo much...but now she just wants to be held...which is cool because that means I can feel all the kicking!!! There is soooo much kicking going on that it is unbelievable!!!!

The waiting is killing me!!!!!!!

Well hopefully it won't be long! I'm always pacing the floors myself, and have to check in on the chins at least what feels like a thousand times a day when I know someone is going to have kits soon!

Mystic-Unless we're getting to the minute or hour - I'm already there!
Maybe hang a bottle of 1/2 water, 1/2 unsweetened apple juice to help get her milk in a little early - big help to the kits!!

My Betty stopped gaining and slowed down on her intake a couple of days before she gave birth. Therefore, I guessing that she is really close.

ok...this is my first litter so this may be a dumb question...but can the male tell when the female is about to go into labor???? I have had Dale and Heidi seperated for a couple of weeks and Dale could have cared less.....however a few minutes ago I heard this loud banging and thought one of the cats had snuck into the chin room and hopped on the cage...I got up and the door was shut and all the cats were sitting outside the door so I knew it wasn't them...I went into the room and Dale was shaking his cage and chewing on the bars to get out...I opened his door to thinking he was just demanding playtime. He ran straight to Heidi's cage and tried to get into her cage...he finally got nose to nose with her through the cage and started making squeaking noises...I let him visit with her (outside the cage) for 20 minutes and just put him back into his cage....he started pacing so I put their cages a little closer together and he finally settled down...

just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before????

He knows what's going on, and what could happen if they weren't separated!!! :dance3::dance3: :kiss:
I'd be checking on her every couple of hours, and get up early, to check!
The scent is in the air!! The time is coming!! It'll be soon!!

Last edited:
I hope it is soon...I think my hardwood floors need to be revarnished in places....the places I have been pacing in....lol

I hope he is on to something and it happens soon....she looks so uncomfortable....lol

LOL! I know how you feel! I think mine is getting ready too! The vet has said any day now, for the second time! The babies are moving like crazy though! THe race is on, who will be first! lol

Latest posts

Back