Growling?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whiskers387

So i just got snowball yesterday, she is doing great i think, she is already greeting me by climbing on the cage when i walk in, but there are some things im wondering about, first whenever i stick my hand it to feed or water her she makes a growling sort of noise, also she will not touch any apple twigs and i put 2 oats by her an hour ago and she still has not eaten them. Is she fine just a lil stressed?

I'm guessing she's still just warming up to her new home. One of our boys loves to bark and growl for no reason, so I doubt there's anything wrong.

You said you just got her - give her time to get used to the idea of a new home. If someone boxed you up, shipped you to a foreign country, put you into a strange home with people whom you've never met before - would you be acting like your normal self when you're sitting at home?

Give some space, some time to herself, let her adjust on her own schedule. Sounds like she's just scared & overwhelmed by the whole moving ordeal.
~Barb~

Latest posts

Back