green poop?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittanyydevan

rubys mom
last night i took ruby out for playtime and she was acting just as she usually does. but she pooped on me and i noticed it was green and runny, then as her playtime went on, it got harder, but then when i picked it up it smushed. it was getting darker as the time went on so i'm hoping shes ok. shes been acting the same as usual and hasnt been doing anything unusual. she still wants to play all day! but i have changed her diet a little. shes been eating a lot of hay recently which i just introduced into her diet about a week and a half ago. and i stopped giving her treats cuz i found out they were bad for her (ex papaya, apples, and bananas). so now shes just eating pellets and hay. but she seems happy and fine so idk whats wrong or if anything is wrong. HELP.

what brand & type of hay? what brand of food. sometimes a switch like that can affect their digestive tract. especially an increase in hay and a cessation of fruit treats.
and what color green? keep in mind, most of what a chin consumes is green in color.

its like green grass color. shes beeing fed kaytee hay and natures promise pellets. but its not green or soft anymore!

its like green grass color. shes beeing fed kaytee hay and natures promise pellets. but its not green or soft anymore!

Nature's Promise is not a good feed. It's second ingredient is ground corn. Good feeds that you can get at the petstore are Oxbow or Mazuri.

Back