Great Deal? Hay Cubes, Dust, etc... RYERSON CHINCHILLAS

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hkkjstwcl

Hi.
I just find this website. Maybe some of you guys already know. But, Ryerson Chinchillas seems to have great deal of chinchilla feed for owners who have multiple chins like myself. (I also have a few bunnies, so I have lots of mouths to feed!!! I am the bread earner of the house, and those black innocent twinkly eyes are waiting for me to bring food home.) :wink2:
Do any of you purchase feed, dust, etc from Ryerson's? What do you think?
Thanks so much!!! :)

http://www.ryersonchinchilla.com/arc_002.htm

Last edited:
They get mentioned pretty much every day on the forum, so yeah, we've all heard of them.

If you have rabbits, why don't you just buy a rabbit pellet that chins can eat instead of buying 2 different kinds? I use Nutrena for my chins, my degu, and my bun.

Buying bulk pellets from them can be pretty steep. They are priced well but then you have to pay shipping, which is somewhere around $50 for a 50 lbs bag of Tradition from them if I remember correctly. Best bet is to find a feed store that you can buy in bulk from. I get 50 lbs of Tradition for $15.

They get mentioned pretty much every day on the forum, so yeah, we've all heard of them.

If you have rabbits, why don't you just buy a rabbit pellet that chins can eat instead of buying 2 different kinds? I use Nutrena for my chins, my degu, and my bun.

Good to know. Do you prefer 'Netrena' OR 'Tradition' over PRCS? I have reado some threads here and have a good feeling about PRCS, too. Please let me know of your thoughts about those feed.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I prefer Tradition over any chinchilla pellet, but I can't get it here. I never used it for my bun because it's never been tested on them. It was developed by a rancher specifically for chinchillas and I think it's the best feed out there personally.

As far as Nutrena or PRCS, I would choose Nutrena because Purina seems to have this need to constantly change their formulas to make them "better." I prefer one that has been used by many people over a prolonged period of time before I would use it with my herd. That's just my opinion though, many people use Purina products and like them.

I buy Tradition from them. 50 pounds for $15.00. I only live 35 minutes from them though, so I just go get it. I haven't bought dust from them yet, but I'm going to start next time I drive out for a food run. I just started using Blue Cloud and it's priced way too high in the pet store! My main problem is, I've been out there twice and both times I left with another chin! lol

I use them for my tradition feed. I have 9 chins and I bought 25lbs from them last time and it only cost me $35 total to ship! I wish I could find something local but no one around me sells the good chin food at all!!! Ryersons has been my easiest and best option so far!

Both Becky and JAGS are in Michigan and both feed Tradition. Have you checked with either of them?

Back