Grandma very sick in the hospital

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

ZooKeeper
I am so heartbroken right now and I just needed to share. I found out some bad news about my grandma and I have no one around at the moment that I can talk to. My grandma lives in the midwest, I'm on the Pacific coast, and she has always been a very special lady to me, even with such distance between us. My grandma is in her 90's, and has just recently gone into a home to be cared for. I think I got my passion for cats from her. She had 13 cats at one time in her home.

I just found out that my grandma has been admitted to the hospital today with several embolisms and there is nothing they can do for her but to try and keep her comfortable until she passes. I knew in the back of my mind that she would eventually die, but am still not prepared to face the inevitable.

I am so heartbroken and feel so guilty that I haven't called her like I said I would. I kept putting the phone call off and now it is too late. I know she knows how I feel about her, but why do we realize too late that we really need to keep in touch with those we love???

So right now I feel sick to my stomach, and am waiting for the phone call that will let me know that she has passed.

Thank you for listening to me...my grandma is a very special person, and I want everyone to know that. Just make sure you tell your loved ones often how much you love them because you never know when you'll have to say goodbye.

I'm sorry about your Grandama.Mine were the biggest influences in my life.
Don't beat yourself up,she knows how much you love her.

I'm so sorry Jenn. It must be hard being so far away right now.

I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Your Grandma knows how special she is to you just as you know how special you are to her. I am so sorry, hugs.

My Grandmother that was always there for me as a friend and helper died 10 days before my daughter was born in 2000. I didn't get to see her during the last few months of her life and I know she knew that she was my best friend. To this day I know that even though I couldn't be there when she passed that if it weren't for her passing I would have died when my daughter was born. She had always been my guardian human angel and I to this day feel that she knew that I would need her so she asked the Lord to take her home so she could be a real Guardian Angel for me and my daughter during the severe complications we had.

Just remember that our Grandmothers that are as close as you two have been will always be there as our Angels. They can't do the things they used to and the only way they can continue to be a part of our lives is as Angels. Gain strength from the knowledge that she loves you now and in the hereafter.

My prayers will be with you as you go through this tough time. Your Grandmother must be a wonderful person.

:angel9:

Thank you everyone for your kind, thoughtful words. I talked to my cousin this evening who is there by my grandma's side, and she said that my grandma is comfortable right now. She is on some heavy pain meds, and is pretty confused, but is able to hold some conversation with family. She has embolisms in her lungs and we are hoping that she will die peacefully in her sleep, and not be in any more pain. She has been in pain for years, and she could finally be free. I don't want to lose her, but I want her to be at peace.

My grandmother passed away this morning after life support was removed. I am devestated over the loss, but find comfort in the knowledge that she will be at peace now. She was in so much pain for so long. She deserves to be set free. I love her so much and will keep her memories with me always, which will keep her close to me in my heart. I know she will be watching over me now, and smiling down at me, and that gives me great joy knowing I can look up into the heavens and smile back at her.

Latest posts

Back