Got Trixie a fleece hut...she seems afraid of it

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie5656

Chinchilla slave
I ordered Trixie one of those tent shaped hanging fleece houses from Amazon. Came in on Friday. When I put it up, she seemed curious by it..looked it all over, climbed on top and underneath. Went inside, kaked a bit and then came out, ran down to her wheel and started barking. She has not been back to it since, except to just stare at it. She almost seems afraid of it. I have it on the upper level of her cage, her wooden hut is on the first level.
She originally had one of those sleeping bag types, which she would enjoy sitting UNDER the thing while relaxing. Well, the tent, having a hard bottom, she cannot sit under it and it seems to have ticked her off.
I am a bit concerned, how much time should I give her to het used to it? My husband says I should give her a few days. ..OK she hs making a liar out of me,,I just looked over and she is back up top..sitting next to the darn thing here is a picture.
So am I worrying for nothing? will she get used to it in her own time?

Attachments

• STUFF 021.jpg
    STUFF 021.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 43
It's just new, give her time. Whenever I change the girls cage or put something new in, they take a while to explore sometimes! Just when I think I'm going to take something out because they never use it or go there, I find proof (poop) that they do!

Well..we came home today and what do we see..Trixie sitting inside her tent. Not sure if shel slept there....but she was in there. A good test will be tonight when Dancing with the Stars is on..it is her favorite show, and she likes to sit on her top shelf to watch it..when her old hammock was there. Will see if she will relax in her tent to watch.
Here is a picture.

Attachments

• New house 002.jpg
    New house 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
I was going to say give her time and let her adjust to it.. until I saw the picture of her sitting in it :p Such a cutie chin!

Latest posts

Back