got my chins from the Shoots today!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
So today Ralph and Barbara delivered my 10 chinchillas to me ! I was very excited to get to meet them.

Ralph and Barbara help me set up my breeding runs and showed me all my new chins as well as looked over some of my existing chins I already had.
He told me that he liked my ebony white male and that most of the ones I had were great for breeding quality wich made me feel a little better, so he recommended what females to put with what males :) !

They were also kind enough to stack me full of supplies when they came!

So without further anticipation here is my 10 new fur babies that I am so proud of having !

nitrogen.jpg

Nitrogen( Nitro ) Black Velvet male, won first place at a show, havent checked wich one but it was a recent show. He isnt even a year old I believe.
jasmine.jpg

Jasmine , Hetero Beige female
emerald2.jpg

Emerald, Mosiac female

buttercup2.jpg

Buttercup, Hetero Beige female
aurora.jpg

Aurora, Standard female
atticus2.jpg

Atticus ( Atti ) Dark standard male, also won first place at show. I believe he was CC, I could be wrong.

Yea i was very happy to get one on one time with them and for him to see my animals and tell me what quality they were! I love all of my new ones they are so beautiful !!

thank you for that comment. i feel that i have come so far and that all of the effort and money I spent with getting this small herd together that i could only prove myself to everyone on the forum who didnt believe that i could change . I feel so proud of myself with my small herd I have now! I can't wait to get some of my first babies !!!!! And yes buttercup is my favorite lol .
Congrats. you have come a long way. good luck with breeding. :)

Congrats on your new additions. I purchased some Shoots chins awhile ago they have some nice chins. Good luck with them.

Nice! I see you have bought yourself some new breeders. They look great from the pictures. It's nice they helped you set up your pairs and evaluated some of your older stuff. Shoots are a nice couple we had a chance to visit their ranch and chat for a few hours several years back. Will we be seeing you at any shows with your new kits you will be having?

yes they are very sweet people!! Most likely No, I wont be seen at the shows. I may possibly fly out to the california state show and maybe nations next year. I have limited means or time to travel to shows currently. I do plan on attending when things settle down in my life and I have the time to spend on attending shows :)

I also couldnt have picked a better name for my beige female, I named her Ginger. I have themes going with all of my different mutes and standards. But funny enough she is a very evil little thing and tries to tear me up, she remind me of Ginger snaps lmao.

Last edited:
Congratulations! The ones who have ribbons seem to be a bit more confident in their pictures, haha. Don't let it go to their heads!!! :D

O nitro is a serious attitude fur ball....atticus is very sweet and calm. I believe in certain superstitious issues . Nitro weighed exactly 666.... NOT COOL! guess that explains his attitude. I hope that's yhe only issue I will have LOL

I thought Shoots sold out? They are still breeding and selling?

They sold their entire herd.

Their oldest grand-daughter Brittany has had her own chins for some time, started raising them for 4H I believe when she was very young and then the rest of the family got into it including her mother and brothers when she got involved in high school athletics. Brittany has her her Ranch brand, BRIT. Their basement, where they kept the chins, flooded about a year and the Shoots have had them at their ranch for about a year or less.

Ralph showed them in Jenera this year under Brittany's ranch brand. I am assuming these are the animals that Courtney is talking about and they are of "Shoots lines" but not Shoots chins and that the Brand is actually BRIT.

I only know this because I buy my feed from Ralph and Barbara and have bought a couple of Brittany's whites, both before and after they changed locations. I am assuming that the ribbons and animals that she has ribbons for came from the Jenera show.

Last edited:
Back