Got a scholarship!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Takuraktty

I really want to go to University of Rochester for college. I recently received a $30,000 scholarship there. Its the Fredrick Douglas and Susan B. Anthony award for community service (I've been volunteering at the animal shelter every weekend since I was 12). I really hope they accept me though...they send out early decision letters in 5 days.

I love Rochester but on the other hand I kinda want to go to Binghamton University which is 5 minutes from my house, so I can see my chins, birds, dogs, and cats when I want to. Rochester is about 2 hours away.

Gah. Lucky. I haven't heard back from any one of the scholarships I've applied for and I really need to get into BSU so I can have my chin cage at my dad's house which is 2.5 blocks away from the campus. D; I hate Senior year.

Congrats! That is a really impressive scholarship! What are you wanting to major in?

Wow, you're really close to where I'm from. I went to Vestal High School, but now I go to University of Delaware. My brother went to BU though and really loved it. I also know some people at Rochester who really like it as well.

Cool, my brother was pre-med as well, though he majored in bioengineering. Now he is in his fourth year of med school at Upstate and is interviewing for residencies for next year. I don't know about Rochester, but BU was really great for pre-med. They have a student run ambulance (one of the best) that he participated in and loved. It's really great experience and once you're trained as an EMT, you can get paying jobs during breaks with organizations like Superior ambulance. Just something to think about and look into getting involved in once you start college. :thumbsup:

Good luck and congrats again.

That's awesome!!

If you're worried about seeing your animals, maybe consider getting an apartment when you can. I know some schools require you to live there your freshman and sophmore years, but after that if you can find a cheap place you can bring some animals there. I don't know how cheap of a place you can find in rochester. For me, personally it's cheaper to live off campus and take public transit to school, but I also live in a rural-ish area.

Congrats! U of R is a great school. And a $30k scholarship! Those sure don't come easy.

2hrs isn't really too far. I'd consider it a "nice" distance. Just long enough that you get a little distance between your high school home and college life, but short enough that it's not all to far when you want to head back.

Whatever you decide... best wishes.

Latest posts

Back