got a new puppy and need help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisinggrace

Mom to chinnie and rottie
So as the title says i got a new puppy. Im very excited but im not looking forward to teething or potty training but hey thats what i signed up for so i cant complain :) So hopefully i attached a pic of her correctly. But she is a sheperd mix..not sure with what but i need some name ideas and approxamation as to how big you sheperd owners think she will get. I want to buy a crate for her and get the one that has the divider so as she grows i can let her have more access to the cage but im not sure what size i should get? i was thinking of something for dogs up to 70lbs would work for her but i would like suggestions from my fellow cnh members as to what you think. or should i go a size bigger? thanks for anyones suggestions they are greatly appreciated!!! :)

I havent picked her up yet from the humane society so I dont really know much about her except right now shes about 20lbs so everything is a guess for me :)

Attachments

• stella.jpg
    stella.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 102
She's very cute! Do they have a idea on her age? That will help with the guessing. The nice thing with the adjustable cages is that even if she's full grown and the cage is too big you can leave the divider in. I would rather go larger than smaller. The crates are obviously pricey. That way you only have to get 1.

She looks like she's got some Catahoula in her (those are spots and not dirt on her head, right?). I'd say she'll probably top out around 70-90 lbs. Very cute!

Thanks everyone. She's about 3 months right now. And those are spots on her head not dirt :) her other sister has them too and I was thinking catahoula also. So maybe a crate for like 70-90 lbs would be best?

Back