Goodness do you have CHIN dreams or CHINmares LOL

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

The past two nights I had chin dreams....
yes I dream of chinchillas ......the one last night was not so bad it was just about getting more chinchillas.....( secretly I may want more but wont be making any decisions until this is thought out for a long time)

The one before I had a chin nightmare....I dreamed I was taking chin out the the store ( I was buying new dust in my dream for her) carrying her in my arms and she broke her foot and I was crying and freaking out we ...that one was not so good

Does anyone else have chin dreams ?????

Last edited:
Yeah I've had a few bad dreams about my chins. In the most recent one I came home to find several empty cages. Someone told me they had been confiscated. No one could tell me who took them or why. No one would tell me where they were or how to get them back. I was frantic. LOL

Yeah I've had a few bad dreams about my chins. In the most recent one I came home to find several empty cages. Someone told me they had been confiscated. No one could tell me who took them or why. No one would tell me where they were or how to get them back. I was frantic. LOL

Oh yikes that would be one dream I would be very glad to wake up from !!!! Im trying to figure out why I am having chin dreams so often I think Im becoming obsessed with chinchillas LOL

i have alot of dreams about my chins but i learned in psyc class that you tend to dream about your last thoughts at night before you fall asleep. i know i dream alot of my chins because i hear them and see them before i go to bed because they are in my room lol

I always have dreams that I forgot to close the cage door so I jump out of bed frequently to check haha

I had a terrible dream a few weeks ago. I dreamt that there was a scorpion in my room, and it climbed into an open backpack next to me. Then Ziggy was running around the room and hopped into the bag too.. Before I could get to it, I hear a terrible chinny screech and pull Ziggy out, he had a huge gaping bleeding hole in his stomach from the scorpion! I woke up crying. That was one of the worst dreams I've had in a while.

oh wow yes I agree when we think of something before bed we can be influenced...my chin is the last thing I do at night so may be the reason why this happens LOL I am glad I am not alone in this !!!!!

I had a dream that we had so many kits and they were all out of the cages and I was trying to sort them out by what color they were and match them up with the right mother, boy was I panicking.

I moved my girls from a small cage with small bar spacing into a FN the other night. I watched one of them squeeze through a window in the house, and that night I dreamt she could squeeze through the bars and escape.

I dream that I have quit my job and get to hang out with my chins all the time!

And while they sleep I get to create fun toys ... and play areas ... and treats...NO WAIT...

....oh, that's a FANTASY!!! The same...but different...oops....my bad! ;)

I always have dreams where I have a whole bunch of chinchillas like they roam freely in my house but then my chinchilla drakenstein talks to me. I've had a bunch where me and Draken just hang out and talk

heck yeah! I have this horrible recurring nightmare where someone has let Rosey out of her cage, and she somehow gets outside. I'm running around frantically calling for her, crying and freaking out. Then I spy a beige chin, and run and scoop it up, rejoicing that I have found my Rosey.
But it's not Rosey, argh! This chin has different ear freckles that give it away, and despite the terrible darkness of the night I can tell!
Reluctant to leave this poor lost unknown chin, I cradle it in my arms, thinking to take it home when I find my Rosey.
Then I find another beige chin and eagerly scoop it up....but alas, this one is not my Rosey either, and now I have two chins to carry while I roam the streets, searching for my darling Rosey-rosebud.
Then another... and another... and still another!! Until I have armloads of homeless beige chins, all depending on me to take them home and save them.

At this point I usually wake up crying and sweating. But by far the worst is if I dont wake up, because then the dream continues...until finally, when I find my Rosey, I'm holding so many other lost chins I just cant catch her....

:cry3:

I've had a few weird chin dreams. One was where there was a mouse in the chins room and I was afraid it would bite, hurt or scare them. Instead my girl Annie swallowed the mouse whole (like a snake) and then I was even more worried that she would choke or not be able to digest it.

I had a dream Xochi could talk, which I did not find odd at the time... she saw my wallet and asked what it was made of, and I told her leather... she said my wallet has a nice scent... she asked what my wallet was for, so I told her it holds money... then she asked what money is, so I explained what money is used for... (I've never in dreams or awakeness thought about explaining what money is)... afterwards, she asked if she could have some... I told her she could have my money, but I would keep it in a safe place for her, so she doesn't eat it...

Before I got my chins I had several dreams about them. I don't remember a specific one, but it seemed like, that chinchillas was all I could think and dream about. Maybe searching every free minute about them and checking out almost every breeders web side I could find online, had a influence of my dreams.
Good that nobody in this forum is abscessed or anything...

I had a horrible dream about a week after I got my chin, it was about 7 months ago. Someone took her for her cage, and this lady told me she was in a trash can somewhere, so I go crazy looking in peoples trash for her (ew it was gross!) some how I got to our local mall and was looking in THOSE trash cans.. then someone told me she was back at my home and was in the pool. When I got home I see Dad and Thundercleese (from the Brack Show LOL) swimming in the pool telling me Chay got sucked down into the filter.. luckily I got her out in time before anything worse happened, dried her off and put her in her cage. Then for some reason random people showed up and we had a party, eatting cat food (don't ask me why LOL), and they were calling me a hero. Whatever though, I'm so glad it had a happy ending!

i am so glad i'm one of those people that rarely remembers my dreams! some of these y'all describe would make me want a jacket that makes me hug myself. lol!

i once had a dream that they ate my foot and replaced it with apple sticks. then later they drove to taco bell and bought 36 chalupas and fed them to my boyfriend and cat.. it was a rather odd dream

When I first got Chia, I had just given away a baby squirrel I had rescued. It was a stressful time when I was caring for the squirrel because I felt like he could die at any moment (poor baby also got pneumonia, which didn't help my fear!) I carried that fear with me when I got Chia, and would have dreams that I would wake up and she would be dead.

I think I still have a bit of that fear left... It's hard to get over!

Back