good wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zooky

is the grape escape wheel good? like does anyone have it? is it a silent wheel? would it last for a life time? and would chinchillas.com be a safe place to buy it along with other supplies from? if not what other wheels could i get?:)

I think EVERYONE on this site either uses the Chin Spins or the Flying Saucer. I have the flying saucer, and it took my chin about 4 months to finally start using it. Im guessing the grape escape is some little 12 inch plastic wheel, which are no good for chinchillas at all, as they need at LEAST a 14-15 inch diameter wheel..which is what the medium FS is. Id go with those, im sure a simple google search could find a website for you :)

I think EVERYONE on this site either uses the Chin Spins or the Flying Saucer. I have the flying saucer, and it took my chin about 4 months to finally start using it. Im guessing the grape escape is some little 12 inch plastic wheel, which are no good for chinchillas at all, as they need at LEAST a 14-15 inch diameter wheel..which is what the medium FS is. Id go with those, im sure a simple google search could find a website for you :)

The grape escape is actally one of the recommended wheels for chins along with the chinspin and flying saucer. Many members here have one in various colors (I believe it comes in pink and silver as well) and they seem to like it.

I do not own one so cannot speak to your specific questions, maybe another member can, I have the chinspin myself. I just wanted to point out that it is a decent wheel and .com is a fine place to purchase the wheel. You may be able to find other supplies cheaper elsewhere depending on what you are looking at.

OH I knew there was one more brand, I thought that was the silver surfer or something...or maybe the grape escape is the purple silver surfer? lol..confused.

I just got a used chin spin today off Craigslist that is 7 years old and my chin loves it. I cleaned it and checked it over to make sure it's safe. Aside from the previous chin chewing the edges a bit it's perfect and quiet which I love since my chin's cage is in my room.

I have the pink version of the silver surfer and my chinchillas love it. I got it about two weeks ago. It seems like a good wheel so far.

I think if you search "silver surfer/ grape escape" on the forum, you might find more reviews or information on this wheel.

It's quiet.

This isn't really a complain but sometimes if the chins go really fast on it, you can hear some noise, though nothing that keeps me awake/ wakes me up (their cage is in my room) but I think any wheel would make noise in that situation. Just a fyi.

Last edited:
Back