Good Non-Meat Sources of Protein?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachydays

<--My sweet girl Gregory
So, I've really been trying to eat healthier, and not eat out as much. It's better for my waistline AND my wallet. My wallet is important to me these days, since my job situation is shaky, and I may be laid off at the end of July.

I live by myself, so I generally don't cook a lot of meat, because even the smallest packs are just too much for one person. I'm not vegetarian, I just don't eat meat too often.

However, I need to get protein somehow! So, what are some good sources of protein that aren't meat?

Last edited:
Well, there's tofu, seitan (wheat gluten), and tempeh (soy product). Also, many whole grains like quinoa and bulgur as well as beans and nuts. The RDA for protein is 0.8 grams per kg of body weight (and since you are little ;) ...).

Here is a good resource: http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

I really hope that your job situation works out...*HUGS*

Greek yogurt.

You can often buy a whole chicken for less per pound and have the butcher cut it up for you.

Canned tuna and salmon.

I live alone too and don't buy much meat, but do watch my protein intake. I live off of hummus, beans, cheese and yogurt. And ice cream. =/

Back