Good, healing thoughts needed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

My sister's 9 month old puppy, Max, chewed up a tube of her psoriasis cream a few days ago and is incredibly sick. He's been in and out of our family's vet and emergency vet clinic 4 or 5 times so far. First he started out throwing up constantly, then began throwing up blood. The vet said he has developed a stomach ulcer from throwing up so much, and on top of that, he has permanent kidney and liver damage from the medicine he chewed up initially. He said the liver will eventually repair itself, but the kidney is a permanent damage and he will have to be put on a special diet after he recovers. We can't get him to eat anything on his own, so we've been syringe feeding baby food and giving him his medicine. He is drinking a lot on his own though, thankfully. He hasn't thrown up today, so we're making progress. Yesterday, he spent the whole day in the clinic because he was still throwing up blood and dehydrated. After we got him to eat today, I let him in the backyard to go potty and he was actually running around and playing a little bit with the other dogs, so we are ecstatic that he is feeling better-- a few days ago, he wouldn't do anything but lay there. Please send good thoughts or prayers or whatever you believe in our way, because poor little Max is one sick pup. My sister just lost her 8 year old dog, Eleanor, last year, and we got her Max for Christmas to help cheer her up (she went through a terrible phase of depression), so if anything happened to him, I don't know what she would do. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and just have to be on a special diet for the rest of his long, healthy life.

I am so sorry to hear about Max and I hope he is a fighter and makes a quick recovery. He is in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back