Good Deal or Not?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

I called Tractor Supply's to see if they have PRSC and they have 50lbs for 14.79. Is this a good deal?

Sounds like it to me, but I don't buy PRSC. I buy Mazuri and here they have 50 lbs for $16.95 I think it was.

2 years ago I was using PANR it was 16.25 for 50 lbs so that is a good price. 50 lbs seems a lot for 1 chin.

that is a decent price. but personally, i would purchase a small amount from someone on here selling it to see if milo even likes it. and you can do a gradual change. than if he does like it, i would go for the 50lb bag.
i buy a 50lb bag and with 9 chins it doesnt last all that long but you only have 1 so it will take a while to go thru.
i just did this with Oxbow. I got a small amount from sandi to see if the couple of my boys who dont eat the PRSC with "gusto" would prefer the oxbow. i would prefer to have everyone eating the same food but i have realized forcing them to eat a pellet that they dont like just because it is easier or cheaper for me just isnt in their best interest! So i have resolved myself that I will need to buy 2 foods!!

toxic kitten- where are you located? I called my local farm cooperative and they are selling 25 lb bags of Mazuri for $14.95.

I'm not ordering from someone on here because it would cost more for a pound plus shipping then it would for me to buy the 50lb bag of food :) I'm trying to save some money here so I can get a culture and sensitivity test done for milo. I can't do it without some kind of discharge. Right now shes over the URI. I'm also buying the 50lbs to sell it on here too.

I just priced the Purina at my local feed store and it was $25 for 50 lbs. With only the 1 chin, 50 lbs is way too much to deal with, so I'm ordering from Essentia (Crysta) again :)
Mazuri was $15 for 25 lbs, but Annabelle does just dandy on the Purina, so we're sticking with that.

Back