going to the vet....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chin's left eye was watery I noticed it Friday morning thinking he bumped into his water bottle but then when I got home I saw that it was still wet. I called the vet and have an appt. at 1:30 today but I dont know what to expect. I have never taken him to the vet before so what should I be looking for to make sure he is properly examined and to make the trip less stressful for him?

As far as the stress goes, I took a large piece of fleece to throw over the cage so it was dark. When we moved I put Vincenza's tube in the carrier with her in it. She did really well.

I also included a rose hip :)

Getting in the carrier and going to the vet went well. It was when the vet did the exam that he freaked out. Poor little guy was so scared :( he stomped his feet and fur was flying everywhere. He was happy to be home but im sure he will not like it when I give him the eye drops tonight. On the bright side the vet said he was healthy besides the eye infection.

Back