Godin's Chinchillas is going to have a very busy summer!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godins Chinchillas

Godin's Chinchillas
Man-I'm just sitting here looking at all the girls that I have due and it is going to be insane here the next couple of months.

Tuesday I had two ebony girls born. They look like little bears...so cute.

Then today a first time mom decided to give me quads. That's a nightmare in itself because I already have tons on my plate with my sister's wedding, summer school, my 1 yr old and what not. But quads-come on. So I weaned 2 kits early and fostered out the two boys. So here's hoping she takes them in and nurses them. They had excellent weights 42, 45, 49, 50 grams.

I still have 2 litters due this month, 3 next month, 3 in September/October. It's going to be crazy!!

Congrats on all of the new arrivals! I hope the quads thrive and don't cause too much chaos. :)

Sounds like you will have a few to show at York next year if you decide to go.

Oh yeah, and I would like to see "bear" pics if you get a chance... ;)

thats awesome! I already had my baby boom, had to separate some pairs until after the baby is born, just to give myself a little break.

I know how you feel! I think Im in the same boat - I just had two born 7/4 and yesterday felt baby kicks on two other females! I had a good 4 mo with nothing and now looks like it's going to be a busy month!

Yep - I am right there with you - I have had only 7 born this year so far but have two more due in the next couple of weeks and then set up 2 new strings so lord knows what will come of those matings!

I am definately going to be taking a much deserve break after these litters come. We are "crossing fingers" going to be resealing our basement so the chins are going to have to move to the family room till that is done and the vapors are out. But I don't want to start until my last female litters in September.

The quads are doing well. I am having to hand feed one of them. I am hoping Lana goes soon. She is due the 23rd. When she delivers this wee one will go onto her. I believe Lana is only going to have one.

Jessica

Back