Giving meds NOT in a syringe help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I am going away this weekend for a much needed girls scrapbook getaway.
I am leaving friday evening, so i can take care of my chins before I leave but on saturday my sweetie is going to feed/water/hay them. my one guys gets a syringe med but he is afraid to touch my chins!
any suggestions on how to give about .10 of liquid NOT in a syringe???
i was thinking of injecting the liquid in a goji berry? or something similar.
any suggestions? i usually syringe tramadol/cimetidine/lifeline in a 1ml syringe but as long as i give the tramadol he should be fine. i know skipping 1 nite is not a huge deal as i will be home sunday afternoon but if i can find a way to get it in him, i would be more relaxed. i do give them an herbal mix, i can probably drop it in there and mix it but i dont know if he would eat that.
all ideas welcome!

Is it something that your chin doesn't like the taste of? Does the chin really need to be held for it or will he take it off the tip of the syringe willingly?
If your chin likes the taste of critical care or lifeline (heck for a one-time thing i'd use some baby food with very little sugar in it), you could draw up the med then use the same syringe to draw up something tasty, that way the chin gets the tasty and you just squirt it fast so it gets the meds too. (if that makes any sense at all)

its not that he doesnt like the taste, it that my fiance' is afraid of them. so he will feed them and give them hay and maybe straighten up their cage a bit, but he wont really touch them. and because Richie is a spoiled little chin and comes out every nite, he has to do his cage quick or he will jump on his shoulder!
i was looking for something i could inject the small amount of liquid into and give it to the chin. im gona try a mini shredded wheat and see how that works out.

Back