Gibson was adopted today... it's bittersweet.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnShh

Our foster dog, Gibson, was adopted today... I really like the people who adopted him (we've had others interested in the past and they just didn't seem right for him) and he seemed to like his new family. It's kind of sad to see him go though, because he's been with the rescue for a year and we've been fostering him since October. Everyone here at the rescue joked aobut how he's been here for so long and always said we'd be come 'foster failures' (thats the term they use when a foster adopts their foster dog)... we're all obviously happy to see him get adopted, but everyone agreed that the adoption events wouldn't be the same without him haha. The poor guy is incredibly attached to me... hopefully he'll be ok in his new home. The best part is, they live in the next subdivision over... so I'll get to visit him!

Anyways, just wanted to update you guys on him...

Aww, I'm glad he found a wonderful new home! I'm sure he'll do great there!

I would have a very difficult time being a foster parent because I would truely fall in love with any animal in my home and wouldn't be able to let him go once a home was found. I think it is wonderful that you were Gibson's foster parent and I know how hard it must have been to say goodbye. But you did a great job caring for him and hopefully his new parents will give him the love and attention that he deserves.

Latest posts

Back