Getting my first chinchilla tomorrow

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123o28

Does anyone have any advice/tips on me getting my first chinchilla tomorrow. I am picking her 9:30am tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any tips on bringing her home, or getting her used to my house because I know that she will be stressed out because of the change of environments. I already have the supplies, and the breeder is giving me hay, food, treats and some other stuff with her. I also have almost 10+ granite slabs which I ordered/got for free because I ordered "sample" tiles from builddirect.

just to give her plenty of time to adjust. Might wanna leave her in her new cage as well and not let her out until shes adjusted.

Let her adjust to her new surroundings before handling her too much. :))
At first, sit close to her cage and talk to her. Next you can put your hand inside and allow her to come to you. Some chins like chin scratches! Just make she you let her come to you instead of having your hand chasing her around the cage lol she probably won't enjoy that until she gets used to you! Good luck!

Welcome to the forum. I got my first chin a few weeks ago. After a few days of getting used to the new surroundings in the cage I would open the door and she would hop onto my hand and go up to my shoulders (and then to my lap and want down to the floor to explore). Just take it slow and go at your chin's pace.

Back