Getting excited!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbodgrl

Zoo Keeper
Not sure if this post belongs here and well really some may think it is pointless, nut here I go...

I started researching chins over the summer and decided that I wanted to be owned by one. I was directed here by a friend on a pit bull forum(thanks Megan) and have continued to research.

I bought a FN142 and have slowly been sewing fleece, making shelves and buying supply's while I continued to research and learn.

I have had some issues with my health and a surgery late in the summer that delayed things a bit.

I am finally down to the wire now. I just need to sew my tube covers up, get wood, food and then I can finally get a Chin :bliss::bliss:

I am on vacation this week so I should get my sewing wrapped up and the last few things ordered. Now I just need to find a Chin.

Just wanted to share my excitement :woohoo:

congratulations on deciding to get a chin!! this is such an exciting time for you =) you could try finding one at a local shelter, petfinder.org or on craigslist

Congrats. If you search around the forum you may find folks from around your area that could lead you to a good breeder or a rescue in your neck of the woods. Good luck.

congratulations on deciding to get a chin!! this is such an exciting time for you =) you could try finding one at a local shelter, petfinder.org or on craigslist

Congrats. If you search around the forum you may find folks from around your area that could lead you to a good breeder or a rescue in your neck of the woods. Good luck.

Yep...finding the Chin is the next step. I will more than likely be going with a breeder as rescues don't seem to pop up in my area often (I have been keeping my eyes out)

congratulations! and i love the fact that you thought to get everything ready before you get your chin :))

Yeah I think I have posted about this before, but I cats, dog and a turtle and I have learned through the years to research and be prepared before acquiring a new pet the hard way. I have been lucky that while I learned things with my animals along the way they all were healthy and happy.

We have adopted out chins to Michigan state before. What type of chin are you looking for?

congrats! so nice to hear that you did things in that order. your chins will love you for it. my first chin was kinda forced on me, and i learn as i go. the chinnies seem to be happy with my progress, the more i know, the happier they seem to be.

We have adopted out chins to Michigan state before. What type of chin are you looking for?

I'm not entirely decide yet. One thing I have decided is I don't want a kit. I want a young adult. I think I want a mosaic, but not set in stone either. Every animal I have I thought I wanted something else and ended up with a cat or dog that looked nothing like what I originally wanted :laughitup:

congrats! so nice to hear that you did things in that order. your chins will love you for it. my first chin was kinda forced on me, and i learn as i go. the chinnies seem to be happy with my progress, the more i know, the happier they seem to be.

Yeah I am sure I will still have plenty to learn and stuff after I get my chin, but I am way more prepared now than I was when I got my turtle 15 years ago. I had no idea what I was doing. Now many tanks and filters later I have learned so much about turtles. It is actually funny to me when I have posted things on a turtle forum and I have people who have owned their turtle for a year trying to tell me stuff. I mean I know I screwed stuff up in the beginning, but or years now I have done things right and I know what I am talking about.

Congratulations! Not all of us have the foresight to get everything prepared for our chinnie first. Can't wait until you fill your cage with a little ball of fluff!

Congrats! I'm in the process too but it will be about a year before I have a chinchilla wall surfing around my room. Good luck and don't forget pictures!

Latest posts

Back