Gets tired easily

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy

Is is odd for a seven year old chinchilla to get tired after around 20 minutes of play time. When I put her back in she goes and flops on her side and looks like she's dying. It freaks me out. It's not too hot. Trust me. It's 69 degrees in here. Tonight she was running off into corners laying down. She is eating and pooping just fine. I'm not positive on a bladder infection. She seems to take a while to pee once in a while, but over all she seems okay. So..can this be normal?
The past two days I've found her sleeping on the bottom of her cage...I poke her through the bars and she jumps up and says hi to me. If I pick her up and put her on a higher shelf she tends to back down.

If she is getting that tired I would cut playtime for a bit. Just to see how she behaves without it. If she still acts weird you may want to see a vet

What is she eating? What is your water source? What treats is she getting?

Unless it is really hot or humid that is not normal behavior. It may be nothing but it is worth looking into a bit.

I would observe her eating, poop and drinking. And most importantly her weight.

If she doesn't play she gets all hyper and bounces around trying to get exercise in her cage.
She's been on critical care for a couple months now because of teeth issues. But, she recently started drinking out of her water bottle again. The vet put her on alfalfa hay as well. And she eats mazuri pellets. I rarely ever give her treats. Her droppings look fine.
I was told her heart and lungs sound fine. My other chinchilla has a heart murmur so I would expect something dd from her...course today my other just peed out of her bedding area and drank it :|
She typically ends up laying on her side with her arm hanging off the ledge. It's been about ten minutes and she getting better. She's usually perfectly fine after a short while. Now she's sitting up and just looks sleepy.
She usually doesn't even show signs of being tired until I put her in her cage.

Oh I forgot to add. Last month when I took her in to the vet she got weighed and she gained I think it was 13 or 18g in a month.

Latest posts

Back