Gentle and Dexter Together!!!!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skygirl

Chinny Girl
Well introductions went better then I could have ever thought....after Dexter had his last vet visit today and he got the all clear I went ahead and did a small introduction...I put them in a room with a dust bowl.....they didnt want anything to do with each other it was as if the chins were invisible to each other....so while my boyfriend watched them I cleaned Gentles cage from top to bottom new ledges washed all the fleece to make sure there wouldnt be territorial feelings....ok so I put both chins in the cage together and the pictures can explain what happend.......instant FRIENDS!!!!! (they are still being monitored for safetly reasons) :bump1:

Attachments

• dexgentle.jpg
    dexgentle.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 50
  • GEntleDex.jpg
    GEntleDex.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Dex.jpg
    Dex.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DEX1.jpg
    DEX1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 47
  • love.jpg
    love.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 45
the picture of the chinny on the ledge with hands on the bar that is DExter his right paw is the one with the fingers missing

Wait ..one finger missing from a past issue, birth defect, or from this intro? Dont worry us hahah

they are very cute together, but i thought you were going to quarantine the new guy for at least a month? what changed your schedule?

oh its just a couple of days shy of a full 30 days....today was his last vet visit and he got the all clear i figured 3 extra days wont hurt anything and he has been making those awful crying noises at night.....now to his paw it is an old injury according to the vet he may have been in a wire cage were his fingers got caught and taken off....but he seems to be doing just fine without 2 of his fingers.....so Gentle and Dex seem as if they have been cage mates their entire lives I'm so surprised they got along on the first try :) so far so good....oh and good news all my fleece items such as the pillows and the tunnel and hammock are finally being used DEX loves them while Gentle never took a liking to them.

Aw, so sweet ! Yeah there are many chins in the world missing toes...they dont seem to be bothered.

So happy for you guys :)

Congrats on such a successful introduction! I wish mine had gone this well when I tried it. :p

yea dexter is the rescue....some of the things that he sees in this cage I wonder if he has ever had the luxury of having before cause man does he love his fleece...and i gave him a shreddy and he went gaga over it basically ripped it out of my hand lol:wink2:

Latest posts

Back