Gas Drops - pee colour?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lholly9

Does infacol (gas drops) change the colour of their pee?

My chinchilla has suspected gas so he has been taking infacol regularly.

I've noticed white in his dried pee which of course is usually excess calcium. The colour of his fresh pee is normal, yellow to a bit darker.

My other baby Archie was put to sleep due to a bladder stone that got stuck in his urethra which was so devasting that I'm now majorly worried whenever I see the dried white residue.

Has anyone else noticed more white residue when on gas drops?

I hope someone responds, I'm so worried recently I can't sleep.

I've never had to give gas drops so I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. All the gas drops do it break up any gas bubbles so they can pass so I doubt to would effect the pee.

From what I understand it's white or cloudy looking pee you want to worry about, if it looks normal when fresh and only turns white when dry that means the chin is just peeing out excess calcium like they should. Once the pee starts to look white or cloudy when fresh and wet that means there is calcium accumulating and there is problem.

If you are worried about there being more excess calcium then normal, you can look at the diet, for example there are some treats, like dandelions, that are high in calcium, as well as things like mineral chews that are made of calcium (so they are not advised to give), as well as if you are feeding an alfalfa based pellet you don't want to also be giving alfalfa hay or at most just as a treat.

I've never had to give gas drops so I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. All the gas drops do it break up any gas bubbles so they can pass so I doubt to would effect the pee.

From what I understand it's white or cloudy looking pee you want to worry about, if it looks normal when fresh and only turns white when dry that means the chin is just peeing out excess calcium like they should. Once the pee starts to look white or cloudy when fresh and wet that means there is calcium accumulating and there is problem.

If you are worried about there being more excess calcium then normal, you can look at the diet, for example there are some treats, like dandelions, that are high in calcium, as well as things like mineral chews that are made of calcium (so they are not advised to give), as well as if you are feeding an alfalfa based pellet you don't want to also be giving alfalfa hay or at most just as a treat.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, after my baby Archie died I made sure to research calcium and not give any treats that are high in it.

Since his fresh pee is a normal colour I suppose it's just excess.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back