Fuzzy Little Temper

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinsmom

I've been dealing with a case of Giardia with my little man for a little while now, thankfully though, I think we've finally got it on the run (no pun intended). I've been doing the whole wash, bleach, rinse, dry, repeat thing on a daily basis, and of course, I have to do something with Master of the Universe while all this washing, bleaching, ect. stuff is going on, so I've been keeping him in a carrier while I ready his home every night. Now, this is not a little thing, he has plenty of space - I'd never even think of cramping his style for even one minute. He REALLY hates this carrier for some reason, so I put sticks for him to chew on & other things to hopefully take his mind off of being in there. Last night, I was doing the cleaning thing, Chinzilla was in the carrier - hating it, and all was well. I guess that he'd had just about enough of the carrier, because besides chewing on the bars and stomping around he's added attempting to work the latch on the door. Well, he seemed to be getting pretty steamed, so I decided to give him a shredded wheat square to hopefully 1. get his mind off of things for a few minutes, and 2. well, a little "comfort food" (bribery) is not such a bad thing all the time. I handed him the square through the bars of the door - he grabbed it from my hand with his paw and slung it to the back of the carrier! It bounced off of the back wall and just lay there while he gave me one of the most dirty GTH looks I've ever seen. I wasn't so sure that it was intentional - you know, one of those "did I really see that, or was it just my imagination?" kind of moments, so I got my husband's attention and he watched as I tried to offer another peace offering to the king. Again, I put the square through the bars, and again he jerked it out of my fingers, and again ZING!! off of the back wall it bounced - again. we both giggled, but by the look on his sweet little face, he was not at all amused. The third one, he just basically slapped out of my fingers and kicked it to the rear. I'm so glad he doesn't speak English. I've never seen him act this way before, it was so funny - I didn't know they had hairy little temper tantrums, it was such a hoot to see! When I finished drying and putting his real home back to gether, I opened the carrier door, ready for a tazmanian devil to strike, but he was just the same sweet little man he always - ok well, usually is. It's almost like someone just flipped a switch - what a little psycho! :wacko:

:rofl: That is hilarious! My one chin has a similar attitude. I love when he just kicks his bowl and it goes flying. actually it is really annoying and makes a mess but just the way he flings it is very amusing

LOL!!! They really can be such drama queens!

I see the same attitude when my Sesame doesn't get what she wants. Never knew such little fluff balls could have such a big 'tude!

LOL!!! Shelly throws poop at me when she is mad. She has no reasons to be mad. I let her run for 2-3 hours a day. On the weekends if I am home I will leave her cage open all day long. However, if she still wants to be out she will throw poop.

i think the more you let them out the more they want to be out! usually when richie is throwing his tantrum it is because one of the other boys is out and he is impatient and cant wait his turn. he has never flung poop at me. if he did i think i would fall over from laughing!

:rofl: That is hilarious! My one chin has a similar attitude. I love when he just kicks his bowl and it goes flying. actually it is really annoying and makes a mess but just the way he flings it is very amusing

Mine did this a few times after I got his newest bowl (an empty coconut shell). I solved that problem by attaching it to the side of the cage with a pear link, but you should have SEEN the Hairy Eyeball I got when he realized he couldn't flip it any more! If looks could kill, he'd have had me pelted!

Their little hissy fits are so funny.

Wow, that sounds like my two year old son (I've got twin boys, one is stink-eye'ier than the other). He collects toys on his way to bed. Sometimes he'll stand in his crib and tell us which toys he wants. Any other toy you give him and he CHUCKS it and falls over pounding and crying. The cliche temper tantrum? Yup. So adorable. hahaha. 11 hours and 30 minutes out of the rest of the day and he's a little angel. His brother? *zips her lips*

hahahaha. That's so funny! And Cute! Izzy, loves to be pet and scratched behind the ears. But sometime he doesn't want to be touched and he literally slaps your hand away/ kicks at your hand when he doesn't want your attention! It's so funny. haha. He throws such cute fits!

I dunno, tonight's another night, I wouldn't be surprised after last night if he spit in my eye!! Come to think of it, I gave him a new bowl one time, and he gave it a good flick across the cage. I went out and bought him a "flip proof" bowl - I didn't win any brownie awards for that one, either. I swear, their little eyes are so expressive! I keep messing up like this, I fully expect this to escalate into full out poo slinging! I could possibly loose my job, but then, good servants are hard to find!!:laughitup:

Hahahahaha! These comments are too funny and sounds like mine!
Well Chinsmom, to go with your Chinzilla, I have Sheena the Amazon Queen when mine wants out. She (Thiago) deliberately removes her ramp from the first platform and lets it swing.( the hammock is attached to it so it can't go very far ) then stands up and looks at me to see my response. When I don't bat an eye, she then takes the rest of it and flings it so its dangling off the hammock hook. When I half bat an eye, she then proceeds to wreck holy havoc of her cage until I take her out.
As a matter of fact she is standing starting at me at this very moment, ladder in dangling position.....:err:

I think she's still miffed I've been calling her a boy for the last 3 months.....

If Beaker wants to come out and I go to give her scritches through the bars she will slap at my finger and try to push my hand back out of the cage. She also does the "I'm not pleased with you" look. I tell her she has a tude all the time. :tease:

Remember, they are truely capable of sharping their chew sticks into points and stabbing or spearing you. I've been a witness to that.....well the first part anyway.
Have you seen the Chinchilly Day commercials on TV or You-tube?

Mine are all little devils diguised in fur coats. Their accomodations are in our study/computer/storage room. It's not unusual for me to be on this site even and be hit by a bark cleaned apple stick!!!! They don't throw the ones that still have goody on them. My latest addition, Tigger Too!! promptly began flinging poops after he was moved into the chin room after quarantine!!!.I just happened to look in my drink cup before taking a swig and that was it-by the next day he had a metal pan and all shelves had poo guards. He did his best to look sweet and innocent but the little smirk on his face gave him away!!!:hilarious:

Haha, that's too funny! Izzie hasn't thrown poop or anything else at me yet, but sometimes when I clean her cage and she hasn't been getting her way lately, she becomes convinced that I'm evilly stealing her toys and starts to horde them behind the washing machine. She knows exactly how far I can reach, and hordes her toys just further. She hops back in her cage when it's time to go home when I tell her every time, but she takes her favorite toy - her pumice stone - with her and guards it in the corner from me. If I try to touch it she kacks at me and gives me the sting eye. The rest of her toys she leaves behind the washing machine and I have to get a friend to get them out.

hahaha all these stories are great! sounds like my little indy, usually when i clean his cage ill put some sticks and such on all the levels spread out and when he comes back in he'll go to every level and anything thats in his way or he doesn't like the placement of he will viciously push off the level! he does this for all three levels and then goes to the top and stares at me with his little evil eye until i let the prince rest :rofl:

Chinsmom, you are funny.

My girls can be very "grabby" when I offer them things....as if to say "Give it to me and then get your stinkin hands away from me." No, please or thank you.

HMPH!

Remember, they are truely capable of sharping their chew sticks into points and stabbing or spearing you. I've been a witness to that.....well the first part anyway.
Have you seen the Chinchilly Day commercials on TV or You-tube?

I always laugh when I see this. I look at Shelly and ask her if she is hunting vampires.

No, please and thank you are not part of the vocabulary. Remember, we are the humble servants, the property, the chattel of "our" children. Our job, "raison d'etre" is for the sole purpose of seeing to the care, comfort, and yes - sometimes the cheap and taudry entertainment of our masters!! I am reminded each day as I excitedly wait in anticipation of the receipt of his flannel tube and hammoc, my-er, his shipment of cholla logs, ladders, and other assorted toys - too many to be immediately recall. I now find myself constantly looking at or thinking about "oh, that's cute, would he like that?" or "Oh, I'll bet he would love to have that.", what can I find for him today?" I am brought more fully to this realization when at the end of the day when I tell him that momma is going nightnight, and go into the bedroom - he will then give me just enough time to crawl into the bed and he barks knowing that mommy will come running in to see what is wrong. I then get the "neener, neener, neener look", :neener:and after about the third time when he has tired of the game he lets his humble servant actually stay in the bed. I then hear from the other side of the bed - a slightly muffled and sleepy sounding "spoiled rat", (yeah, my husband is getting just as much enjoyment out of the show) and I know then beyond a shadow of a doubt I am a rock, a mountain, an immoveable force in his life!! "tee hee hee" Yeah, he knows who's the boss!!:crazy: But to be perfectly honest, when I look at that sweet little face, I can't help but not want it any other way!! Ain't it great to be crazy??????:wacko:

Back