Fuzzy Kingdom's Lactation Supplement

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godins Chinchillas

Godin's Chinchillas
I have a question for people who use this-

How often do you have to give this? Do you give it the entire 8 weeks? How long will a bag last you (bag being roughly 6oz)?

I have had very good success using it once a day (1/2 tsp) for the first 2 weeks. I think with a large litter I would experiment with using it for a few more weeks depending on how mom & the litter are doing. At my house, it lasts a long time but I have a small herd. :)

Peaceful Mom - Premium Organic & Natural Chinchilla Nursing Herbal Supplement

I have been using this for many years. I feed 1/2 tsp daily for the 1st 5 to 10 days. Plus it is only around eight dollars a pound or four for half a pound.

Great Nursing Supplement!!

Is fuzzy kingdom the only supplier ?

Tanya makes all of her own supplements, so she will be the only supplier for her products. You may find other vendors selling similar items. I've never dealt with the lactation supplement, but all of my chins are on her other supplements as part of their regular diet. I've had a lot of success with the stress/anxiety formula and Linden Leaves (for digestive issues). Broad spectrum supplement and nettle leaves have been a big hit as well.

I've had wonderful luck with every product I've tried from Tanya. I have not experimented with any other suppliers, so can't speak to those. Maybe Randy can share the general ingredients in the product he mentioned?

This is the info I have for Randy's.

Alfalfa Leaf

Nettle Leaf

Chamomile

Blessed Thistle

Fenugreek Seeds

This nursing herbal supplement mix will help Mom Chin relax and calm her after giving birth along with relief of stress. Plus as an added bonus will help her promote milk flow that is very necessary for her new born kits start in life. Herbs traditionally considered galactagogues (or herbs that increase milk supply during lactation) often double as tasty digestive herbs, often packed with a bounty of vitamins and minerals.

Personally I have dealt with both suppliers and have been most satisfied with the products and service from both!

Last edited:
It was mentioned years ago that Fenugreek causes contractions to continue - something to think about when using it. I stopped using it because of that. I figure they have already had enough fun.

As far as Tanya's products - can't say enough good things about them. I think I've used pretty much everything she has for sale and the chins give it all 4 paws up. Tanya makes all her own products, so she is the only person that sells them, and she works closely with folks who are very up to date on holistic medicines and the use of herbs.

I also like that she's active here on the forum and is always willing to answer questions and be helpful.

It was mentioned years ago that Fenugreek causes contractions to continue - something to think about when using it. I stopped using it because of that. I figure they have already had enough fun.

As far as Tanya's products - can't say enough good things about them. I think I've used pretty much everything she has for sale and the chins give it all 4 paws up. Tanya makes all her own products, so she is the only person that sells them, and she works closely with folks who are very up to date on holistic medicines and the use of herbs.

I also like that she's active here on the forum and is always willing to answer questions and be helpful.

Well stated! :). My chinnies concur: 4 paws up!

Thanks everyone. I'll have to order some next month and give it a try. My girls tend to have 3 kits per litter and I hope it will help with that. Quite frankly I am tired of rotating, handfeeding, and fostering out. So I am willing to give anything a try.

I have used the supplement for my last two sets of triplets as well as with my last couple of first time moms. I have had good results with it. One set of trips was born to a mother who did not produce any milk at all with her last litter (which of course was trips as well) and I had to handfeed for 8 weeks. She has had several litters with no milk issues at all so I decided to breed her one more time before deciding to retire her for lack of milk production with one litter. I used the supplement from FK this time and mom raised all 3 this time from day 1 and none of the kits had any discernable weight loss, even in the first 24 hours. With my first time moms, the kits still lost a couple of grams in the first two days but each mom has raised her own kits without issue since I started using the supplement. For litters of 3 or more, I use it at least for the first week. I do make sure that mom is completely done littering before giving the first dose. Good luck with it, I have been happy with the results but then I am happy with all of Tanya's items.

Latest posts

Back