fur loss on butt

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoofshield

Hey guys. I've had my little boy for about a month now and tonight i noticed that his butt area has a decent amount of fur missing. He did just start quilling a few days ago and i am located in florida and it has gotten warmer the last couple weeks.

has anyone had this problem. is it something i should worry about or is he just shedding. his poop is normal and his skin doesnt seem to look dry or irritated..

It can be a little more sparse there than the rest of his belly, but definitely shouldn't be bare or approaching bare. Is there a way you might be able to get a pic of it?

Also, any problems with pooping/diarrhea?
What's his "home" look like - is he on fleece? shavings?
When he sleeps, what's he on - specifically, what does his belly/but touch? Inside of a hedgiebag? Plastic bottom of a cage?

I've some pretty bare looking bums where there's still fur. This has usually happened if they have gained a bit of weight, and I'm really not sure why. Definitely look for any shed fur ad where it is being shed, that might help you narrow it down. Does the skin look red or irritated?

Latest posts

Back