Fur chewing vs just playing??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cintistatern2005

I have a quick question, I have two male chins in the same cage and noticed the younger guy had a few wet chewed fur spots, one on his back and the other by his hind leg. So I watched them for a while and noticed the other one while romping around and humping eachother was kinda chewing on the little guys fur. Is this normal? Neither of them chew their own fur? Or do they do this sometime when they play? Maybe to say im the more dominate chin?

Yes, to an extent , is normal. Keep an eye on them. Have plenty of chew sticks and some toys etc. available. My two boys have always done the "who's the boss ride" and is pretty harmless. Although, occasionally one will have a some fur sticking out. They definately enjoy each other--but, one is more dominant. The pecking order so called. If you notice one not eating, because of dominant one, you will have to address that and go "pro active" chin mom!!hehe

Back