Fur Biting

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeds777

So I just recently acquired a 7 year old chin that is a fur biter. She basically looks like she just had a fight with a weed eater. The previous owner is a vet tech said that it's a genetic disorder. Is this true or is there a way to stop her from doing this?

Fur chewing can be caused by a few things. Genetic, stress, boredom and poor diet are the most common reasons. Where did you get her from? You can try to provide a quiet cage with tons of things to chew but if that doesnt help you will just have to deal with her self hair cuts. Once they start chewing its not common for them to stop.

Fur chewing can be caused by a few things. Genetic, stress, boredom and poor diet are the most common reasons. Where did you get her from? You can try to provide a quiet cage with tons of things to chew but if that doesnt help you will just have to deal with her self hair cuts. Once they start chewing its not common for them to stop.

I got her from a craigslist ad. The previous owner had her for 5 years and said she had always done it. She came with a Ferret Nation 182 and came with plenty of toys so she's never been short on space or stuff to do. She's adjusted well to her new environment and my other chin so I'm not too concerned about it. As long as it's not a sign of a more serious issue.

Latest posts

Back