Funny Stories

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgie_kid

Slave to 1 Prickly Pig
I have heard so many funny stories in both CnQ and CnH but they are all over the place and I have to search through the whole entire forum to find them. So I thought it would be nice to have a place where people could write about the funniest things their hedgie(s) has done:clown:. THis way anyone can find them!

One funny thing that one of ours did shows what a true Diva brat she was. We had a group of the girls out and Pebbles (RIP) as usual was running around chewing on the other girls quills. Pebbles usually found Cinder as her target as Cin moved slower than the others and couldn't escape her as easily. Twice I moved Pebbles away from Cinder and the third time I told her I was giving her a time out and put her back in her cage. Pebbs ran to the bars and gave me a look so I took her picture. When I put the picture onto the computer I realized she had her tongue stuck out at me. That was so typically Pebbles.

Pebbles2.jpg

Ha ha, look at that hedgie tongue! What a funny girl.

My first hedgehog, Irwin, was always doing funny things. Once he was on the couch with my boyfriend. My boyfriend wasn't paying attention to him, so Irwin lowered his visor and charged like a bull - right into my boyfriend's butt! He jumped a foot in the air after Irwin spiked him. It was hilarious!

I posted about this elsewhere, but it's pretty funny. Just recently Ronnie dumped her water dish over on me from the second level of her Ferret Nation while I was cleaning the lower level. Her aim was perfect - she got water all over the back of my neck!

Bonzo will eat dinner every night at the same time and If I dont get the food dish out as soon as he is done he will take his nose and hit the bowl up against the sde of the cage until all the food flies out and will not stop until every piece is out and that is how it goes every night.

I've only had my hedgie for a few months so I haven't had a chance to see any really funny things. I guess the funniest thing she has done (and been constantly doing) is charge right over to her food bowl everytime I put her back to her cage. She has this wild look in her eye as she does it. She acts like I'm starving her when I feed her 3 tablespoons of food everday and 4 mealies 4 days a week. The funny thing is that she will try to get into the food bowl. She is way to big and ends up with three legs sticking out of the bowl. Another funny thing is that she kinda got her hat and her hedgie bag mixed up. She will shove one or two pieces of food in her mouth(when she isn't lounging around in her bowl), run over to her bag and eats it in the comfort of her fleece bag. Then the next morning I will see her sleeping under her hat. Well, as long as she's happy I'm okay with it :)

Once in a while, when Bilbo decides to be a snuggle bunny, he'll prop up his head and look me directly in the eyes and be "So your the one who wakes me up every night!"
It makes me laugh every time, silly hog!

Earlier this week, I asked my fiance to check on the hogs to make sure they were nice and warm. When he checked on Kismet, he found her sprawled out on her side, fast asleep. He reached into pet her and she opened one eye to see who it was. If it had been me, she would have rearranged herself so I could rub her tummy. Since it was Adam, she awkwardly rolled onto her stomach, turned around, glared and hissed. Kismet rarely hisses. Then she raised her quills. She does that even less.

When I got home, I took her out to cuddle. I set her (in her bag) on my lap while I watched TV, and was absentmindedly stroking her back while she was sleeping. Every few minutes, she'd stand up, turn around, and look at me. I joked to Adam that she was checking to make sure it was actually me petting her.

She did this regularly for about 10-15 minutes until I carefully transferred her bag to Adam's lap. When she woke up and saw him there instead of me, she glared, hissed and carefully stepped out of her bag and climbed onto my lap. She then hid her head in my hoody and went back to sleep.

funny stories!!

i think the funniest one with francis thus far is how he reacts when i catch him on his wheel. he just stops completely and stares at me with this look of "oh...great." and when i talk to him, he instantly runs to his food bowl and starts to munch! and i've actually realized that whenever he gets nervous, i suppose when i spook him by accident or something, he instantly runs over to his food bowl.

i think he's a nervous eater!

I had a good laugh at Phoebe the other night. I fell asleep on the couch, and when I awoke hours later, she was busy wheeling - obviously unaware that I was still on the couch. I stood up and she just about came out of her skin! She popped on her wheel, but of course bumped her back on the spindle thing that sticks out in the middle. This freaked her out even more and she huffed and popped again, and once again bumped her back. She finally balled up and actually growled until I left the room. I laughed myself silly! :rofl:

Latest posts

Back