funny barking incident--talk to your chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha! i wonder where he thinks they are--in the laptop? our family always taught dogs to listen to the phone, but i never thought about trying it with chinchillas. hmm...
i tried to mimic the mom murmur noise, but i'm lousy at it. it comes out more like a purr, but i figure it's best to say something back to her she does the contact noise.

My Chinchilla hasnt purred yet D: although ive only had him for about two weeks now...Do most chinchillas purr?

oh, no, not at all. check this out for the sounds they make: http://www.chinchilla-sounds.de/index_en.htm
Jonesy quit barking (except in her sleep--an occasional chin nightmare) after a little over a week home; now she just has a couple of different squeaks (contact and "don't pick me up--aw, man, you picked me up anyway," which sound a lot alike until you get really used to them).
some chins are more vocal than others, too--Jonesy comes from a very vocal line, but she mostly uses body language and stares to get her points across. she only talks once or twice a day.

That's so funny!!! Chewy will kack sometimes but isn't too bad. He's gotten much more use to both me and my husband. I am still working on the brothers - Zu Zu and Recess...but they are slowlying coming a long too.

Latest posts

Back