Fund raising ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcoronaangel

I wanted to know if anyone had some ideas about how to raise funds for a chinchilla rescue.
We could always use more ideas!
OCPP doesn't just rescue chinchillas but we primarily rescue chins and currently have 9 chins in the rescue. (Not including the dogs and other animals)
Being a new and small rescue all funding is coming from the founders pocket (mine) and other nice individuals who donate items (Nan thanks for the wood and hay!)

I know we are all chin lovers so ideas are always appreciated!
We are waiting to be approved to be added on the petfinder website and we have a graphic designer about finished with the website <- hoping after all that is done we will have a wider audience for adoptions and fund raising.

One solution that works in most cases is to make some things (not spending a lot of money) like t-shirts,calendars,postcards,pins,etc and then sell them for a small profit. And after you expand your audience and people start adopting, the adopting fees will help a little more. But in my opinion you'll always have to rely on members' donations....

Actually one low cost fund raiser I like is to get someone to make something really special ie a quilt,custom bird house,really big/nice basket of chinstuff,special chin house or something like that.It just depends on the area you are in.But then go to your community bazaars (or if its chin related check with mods here) and just sell raffle tickets! With the holidays coming up if you have someone who loves to bake-you could use a coupon for cake of person's choice to be used by whatever date.Sometimes you can even raffle off a service(ie lawn care,dog walking,etc.).Good Luck!!:thumbsup:

CAchins, when I was in charge of fundraising, I would hold garage sales at my house with donated items from our members, we would have parties where members would donate items for a raffle, I had a ebay website that members would donate to my store items that were up for sale on ebay, we would participate in rescue events that were help throughout the bay area and sell buttons and magnets and my calenders. We would ask for donations of old cages on CL and from our members, then we would take them appart, clean, put back together to be chin friendly and sell them to new owners. We had Joy of chinchillas and got a IPN(?) number to be able to sell it on amazon-this was for the "new" Joy of Chinchillas that never happended and that was too bad, the chapters I read were actually pretty good.

Thanks everyone :)

I was thinking about not spending a lot of $ and making some holiday toys or using my wholesale discount and purchasing pre-made toys that are chin safe.

Right now our funds we use to rescue the rodents come from the adoption donations of the dogs we rescue who are going to be put to sleep. The dogs help a lot! We are able to save dogs in need and since we save them their donation goes towards saving the chins so it all comes full circle I guess you could say.

I think the raffle is a good idea.

Maybe have a few small items (maybe a willow set, or small fleece set) or things for other pets too. (not just chins) Then people items, a quilt or something.
Then have the raffle tickets at a dollar or something. Then have people the money for their raffle tickets (If they send 5 dollars have them make a note something like 2 chin, 2 other pet, 1 people (DONT PUT RAFFLE, I think that will freeze your paypal).
On a certain day pull names.
You could even have a few prizes in each section (like 3 different prizes in chins, 2 different in other pets and 1 in people.) Something like that.

Just an idea.

Raffles are always fun!

Latest posts

Back