Full Grown cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pants567

So when we brought home FenFen and his cage, my boyfriend mentioned we may want to invest in a bigger cage when he grows up. I wasn't sure if this should go under housing or somewhere else so I decided here was best. What age are chins full grown? His current cage is pretty big but I might invest in a FN in the future. I don't want to get a bigger, more expensive cage until he is full grown so I was just wondering about a timeline. He is about 5 months old right now. His current cage is 24Lx24Wx36H. Is this big enough for his whole life or should I continue thinking about getting a bigger one for when he is full grown?

the dimensions you list are about the same size as a single 'pod' or cage from the FN line (with an FN142, you have 2 'pods' so you would essentially double the height if you connect both 'pods') - as I understand it from my reading, one 'pod' is adequate space for an adult chin... that being said, I am pretty sure the chins never complain about more room to play in, either :)

That size is adequate for 1 chin, some people perfer larger cages. I find mine tend to stay on the upper levels if their cage is larger.

Back